Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Sensei's Birthday!

T. and I went to class tonight. We had a good time all around even though I was a bit out of energy - I had to sit through one or two set of techniques. I don't like that. On the other hand, I am starting to lose weight by eating better. Gotta keep that up.

As is our birthday custom, Sensei took throws from everyone - one for each of his 56 years - at the end of class. Actually, during warm-ups he did 56 mae ukemi and 56 ushiro ukemi, too. Man, I hope I can do half that in 9 years. This year we split up my throws across several classes so I could do them all.

We did some interesting techniques from ryotetori including ryotetori tenchinage and several reverse entry shihonage that I've never seen before - and have a hard time reproducing! Actually, the quick-entry shihonage/iriminage combination is quite impressive. Unfortunately, it was about that time when I pooped out so I could only do it a couple times. I also tried in on my turn to throw Sensei for his birthday.

No comments: